Friday, June 24, 2016

Why I might sound muffled in my recordings...

This summer has been quite different from others.... And definitely not the way I would want to spend my summer!

On May 17, I had to have jaw surgery. Long story short, I have had jaw pain for years due to a growth spirt that caused my jaw to be not properly aligned. So it had to be fixed in order to stop the pain!

I am over a month past surgery now and well on my way to recovery. After three weeks of a liquid diet, eating food has never tasted so good! Even if  my diet still can only consist of mashed potatoes and other mushy foods... It's better than soup through a straw!

Here is an embarassing picture of me looking like I got beat up.... This was just a few hours after surgery


I look a lot more normal now, thankfully.
But if you ever have trouble understanding me, it's because my lips are still numb and my jaw is still very stiff! It's a work in progress!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with your recovery! Have your already picked out your first meal after you don't have to be on a diet of mashed potatoes? I know when I had my wisdom teeth out, I couldn't wait to eat beef jerky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly can't wait to just bite into some pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dominique. I hope you enjoy a good pizza soon.

    ReplyDelete